Capabilities & Services
Practice Partners leverages a hands-on leadership team to ensure your surgery center’s success in today’s complex healthcare environment. PPH provides a multitude of services to develop joint-venture partnerships with physicians and hospitals creating value through cost effective management and superior patient outcomes. Ambulatory surgery center success is steeped in the details of day-to-day operations, understanding industry benchmarking and quality measures.
- Volume review
- Managed care review/net revenue review
- Staffing needs
- Facility requirement
- Equipment requirements
- Operating Capital requirements
- Projected Operating Budget
- Cash on Cash Return on Investment (ROI)
Certificate of Need filing
- Research and data collection
- Demographic and state data
- Health care metrics
- Detrimential effects
- Assist with LOI filing
- Document preparation for attorney review and presentation
- Presentation at review board meeting
- Post approval data submission and quarterly filings
- Any contested case work with attorney
- Develop project schedule
- Revise and report project schedule updates
- Work with realtor on specifics of property needed
- Review all contractual/written documentation
- Perform analysis of similar locations
Architect Selection and Consultation
- Selection of architect to ensure appropriate background and experience and cost
- Work with architect to lay out appropriate schematic
- Establish work flow charts for utilization of growth and expansion
- Ensure schematic is efficient for staffing
- Issue requests for proposals (RFP). Manage RFP process.
- Analyze, report and recommend selection
- Monitor the construction process throughout the schedule
Private Placement Memorandum Preparation/Syndication
- PPH will work with initial partners and external attorneys to produce a partnership agreement and subsequent PPM that will be used for syndication
- PPH will coordinate the syndication via site visits with existing and potential investors, SEC filings, fund collections, etc.
Licensing, Certification and Accreditation Services
- Prepare licensure and Medicare application packet Monitor progress of licensing and certification process
- Supervise Life Safety Code documentation and submission
- Monitor Department of Licensing and Certification process to expedite completed packet
- Governing Body organization and documentation Medical Staff By Laws
- Physician and ancillary Credentialing Procedure Lists and Formulary Personnel
- Policies and Procedures Manuals
- Quality Improvement Program
- Mandatory Service Agreements
- Coordinate licensure and Medicare Survey
- Provide staffing plan and job descriptions
- Recruit and hire Administrator
- Recruit and hire DON
- Provide support and guidance in staffing selection
- Provide initial employee training
- Establish employee benefits plan
- Provide personnel policy manual
Business Office Set Up
- Recruit and hire business office manager
- Arrange and coordinate purchase and installation of appropriate hardware and software
- Obtain local business license
- Establish bank and deposit accounts
- Set up coding service
- Set up transcription service
- Set up purchasing contracts
- Establish a plan for contracting with third party payers
- Contract negotiations with selected third party payers
- Ensure appropriate contract deal points: rates, implants, multiple procedures, out of network benefits,ungrouped codes, etc.
- Assist and coordinate in design of collateral marketing materials
- Coordinate grand opening events for physicians, payers and general public
- Yellow page ads
- Licensure, certification and accreditation documentation
- Governing board recording and reporting
- Medical staff bylaws
- Credentialing and privileging processes
- Employee evaluations and employee file content
- Policies and procedures
- Quality Improvement program and activities
- Contracts and services agreements with outside services
- HIPAA compliance
- Financial record preparation including general ledger, income statement, balance sheets and statement of cash flows
- Bank account management
- Tax return oversight
- Budget preparation annually, by month
- Benchmarking and goal setting compared to industry, other like partnerships
- Billing training and coordination
- Accounts receivable policy and procedure as well as management
- Coordinating and supervising all financial and accounting operating systems.
- Managing all personnel matters, including supervision of record keeping, payroll preparation and payroll associated duties with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Reviewing all monthly financial statements in accordance with the provisions of bank loan requirements, if any, and otherwise monitoring loan compliance.
- Supervise and provide reports on all operational aspects of the ASC.
- Supervise, coordinate, facilitate and report the performance of annual strategic planning functions for the ASC.
- Establish, monitor and present key performance indicators including financial statements and graphical interpretations on a monthly basis.
- Develop and provide direction to operational committees, including, without limitation, quality assurance, safety and credentialing.
- Coordinate with clinical personnel to development and maintenance of cost-effective services.
- Supervise billing, collections and accounts receivables management when provided in-house by ASC personnel.
- Assist in the recruitment of new non-physician employees.
- Pursue and obtain managed care contracts.
- Supervise and coordinate the selection and on-going operation of management information system.
- Oversee all record maintenance for compliance.
- Evaluate and recommend vendors and equipment as needed.
- Assist in the determination of appropriate charge structure and pricing.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Arrange for appropriate ASC insurance coverage.
- Oversee compliance (including HIPAA compliance),
licensure and accreditation programs and activities common to other ASCs.
- Provide reports on performance measures common in the surgical center industry.
- Review all expenditures, salary ranges, and performance, cost controls, purchasing patterns, and discounts.
- Coordinate appropriate training for all staff member’s individual job tasks.