December 11, 2018
Practice Partners E-Newsletter
What is new at Practice Partners?
- Atlanta Orthopaedic Institute Surgery Center welcomed new nurse manager, Emily Mower.
- Dr. Eric Pearson performed his first VertiFlex Superior procedure at Total Pain Care. The newly approved device may offer chronic pain patient relief from common causes of back pain and leg pain.
- Dr. Mark Giovanini performed the first ASC based Robotically assisted SI Joint Fusion in the Southeast at Cornerstone Surgicare.
- Ashley Skok became the Infection Control Nurse at Surgical Center of the Rockies.
- Surgical Center of the Rockies celebrated 5 years!
- Southern Vein Care opened in May 2018.
- Best Vein Care of Huntsville welcomed Dr. Tracy Lowery in October, Learn more about him here.
- Moore Orthopaedic Clinic Outpatient Surgery Center and Lowcountry Ambulatory Center successfully activated their Emergency Operations Plan during Hurricane Florence and are in full operations.
- Salem Ambulatory Surgery Center, LLC, (SASC) has chosen Practice Partners in Healthcare, Inc. (PPH) to manage the state of the art multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center in Salem, Oregon.
- Practice Partners is excited to be partnering with Mohawk Surgery Center, a multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center in Clermont, Florida.
- Practice Partners was chosen by Surgical Clinic Solutions (SCS) to provide development and management services for an 18,000 square foot four operating room, two procedure room ASC in Birmingham, Alabama. SCS is a joint venture between local physicians and Grandview Hospital (CHS).
- Effectice July 1st, 2018 UnitedHealthcare made the annual updates to their OPG (Outpatient Payment Group) classification system.
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released the 2019 proposed payment rule for ASCs and hospital outpatient departments (HOPDs). If the proposed rule is finalized as drafted, ASCs would see an effective update of 2.0 percent, on average, for all covered procedures which is a combination of a 2.8 percent inflation update based on the hospital market basket and a productivity reduction mandated by the Affordable Care Act of 0.8 percentage points.
Patient Satisfaction Spotlight
December 11, 2018
September 27, 2018
May 2, 2018
April 11, 2018
February 16, 2018
January 11, 2018
December 12, 2017
November 30, 2017
August 4, 2017
March 16, 2017
February 27, 2017
December 22, 2016
November 21, 2016
November 16, 2016
November 11, 2016
November 2, 2016
November 1, 2016
October 19, 2016
October 10, 2016