8 Aspects of an ASC That Physicians Like the Most
March 23, 2017
Ambulatory Surgery Centers are more attractive to physicians for many reasons. Not only are patients more satisfied with their experience, physicians find a better quality of life while at an ASC. Convenient block scheduling, fast turnover time and additional income are only a few of the perks of belonging to an ASC as opposed to a hospital.
- Block scheduling: With bloc...
A Patient’s Guide to Preparing for your Surgery or Procedure
March 6, 2017
Here are a few tips for patients to consider prior to their date of service to ensure safe outcomes and the highest quality care.
- We will take great care of you and your family.
- Follow your physician’s instructions about not eating or drinking before your surgery or procedure. You may be instructed NOT to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery and no...
4 Key Components In Developing a Successful ASC
February 16, 2017
There are many variables in the development of an ambulatory surgery center; however, these four components are critical to consider in the early stages of ASC development.
10 Key Suggestions When Adding New Partners to Your ASC
February 2, 2017
Looking to add new partners to your center? Check out these tips on how to find the perfect addition.
- Existing partners buy-in. Existing partners need to be active and eager participants in the process. They need to understand the value of new partners and be ready to accommodate new partners- both personally and by adjusting their schedules if needed. A decision to ad...
Reduce Credentialing Craziness with these Ten Tips
January 13, 2017
Want to feel like you have your credentialing under control? Use these 10 tips to make credentialing a breeze.
- Maintain a template application to easily prepare the credentialing application. Incorporate drop down selection when needed. Personalize the application to the applicant by including their name and only the applicable forms.
- Provide the a...
5 Ways ASCs Can Cut Costs: From Larry Taylor, CEO of Practice Partners in Healthcare
November 15, 2016
Larry Taylor, president and CEO of Practice Partners in Healthcare in Birmingham, Ala., points to five ways ambulatory surgery centers can cut costs. 1. Revisit implant discounts. Reevaluate surgical implant discounts on a regular basis. Ask for price breaks, reminding the implant company that lower prices can translate into higher case volume and thus increase its business. "One key strategy i...
10 Key Areas for CMS Deemed Status Accreditation of Surgery Centers
March 25, 2016
"In preparation for deemed status accreditation of surgery centers for Medicare or Medicaid programs, your surgery center must comply with the Medicare Conditions for Coverage (CfC) requirements set forth in the ASC federal regulations (Title 42 CFR 416 Subparts A - C).
Your ASC can achieve this status by participating in a Medicare deemed status accreditation survey